Be prepared for the real theory test
- Each test has 35 questions - you must get 32 out of 35 to pass (33 out of 35 for heavy vehicle)
- Each practice test of 35 questions is randomly generated from all the questions found in the official road code
- Choose to see the results as you go or at the end
Keep track of progress with a personalised dashboard
- Find out where the right answers are in the Road Code for the ones you got wrong
- Compare how you did on the previous tests
We'll tell you how long it took to complete the test so you can see if you'll be fast enough for test day.
All test classes available
Select which type you would like to practice for when you start each test
Practice wherever you are
Available for mobile, tablet or desktop
PLEASE NOTE: ROAD CODE PRACTICE TESTS ARE AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH ONLY.
Disclaimer: Questions and answers are based on The Official New Zealand Road Code. Images, questions and/or answer text in AA Road Code Practice Tests may differ from the actual learner licence theory test. An AA Road Code Practice Test is not an official practice test. The New Zealand Transport Agency does not endorse or approve the test and does not attest to the validity of the questions, answers or other information included in the test.